|Self-consolidating concrete (SCC) is a unique product type that only Shawahiq Tayba are producing in Madinah , it is a highly flowable type of concrete that spreads into the form without the need for mechanical vibration. Self-compacting concrete is a non-segregating concrete that is placed by means of its own weight. The importance of self-compacting concrete is that maintains all concrete’s durability
Self-compacting concrete produces resistance to segregation by using mineral fillers or fines and using special admixtures. Self-consolidating concrete is required to flow and fill special forms under its own weight, it shall be flowable enough to pass through highly reinforced areas, and must be able to avoid aggregate segregation. This type of concrete must meet special project requirements in terms of placement and flow.
This type of concrete is ideal to be used in the following applications:
• Drilled shafts
• Earth retaining systems
• Areas with a high concentration of rebar & pipes/conduits
Using self-compacting concrete produce several benefits and advantages over regular concrete. Some of those benefits are:
• Improved constructability.
• Labor reduction.
• Bond to reinforcing steel.
• Improved structural Integrity.
• Accelerates project schedules.
• Reduces skilled labor.
• Flows into complex forms.
• Reduces equipment wear.
• Minimizes voids on highly reinforced areas.
• Produces superior surface finishes.
• Superior strength and durability.
• Allows for easier pumping procedure.
• Fast placement without vibration or mechanical consolidation.
• Lowering noise levels produced by mechanical vibrators.
• Produces a uniform surface.
• Allows for innovative architectural features.
• It is recommended for deep sections or long-span applications.
• Produces a wider variety of placement techniques.